Monday 14 November 2011

Dynamic Image - Work In Progress

For the second project of the year I get to create a short moving image piece of 15 to 45 seconds under the heading "What if...". We had to research the Situationist International movement, which was quite interesting, and lead me to draw comparisons with the current global Occupy Movement.

So I headed off to St Pauls and filmed the occupation, taking in a few of the excellent speakers, including veteran CND campaigner Bruce Kent and Gay Rights activist Peter Tatchell. They were both great and inspiring, especially the former, although I felt most stirred by "the UK's most ethical MP" Caroline Lucas of the Green Party.

I ended up joining a march on Westminster, getting some nice (albeit shaky) footage on the way, using my new Canon EOS 600d. I actually think the shakiness adds something and maybe captures the energy of the march. Judge for yourself:

No comments:

Post a Comment