Monday 26 March 2012

Publication Project - Photography

I decided to go and photograph the various kit that members of Bath Astronomers used to observe and/or image. I knew that some of them had pretty sophisticated observatories in their back gardens but I was still pretty surprised by what I found.

I spoke to Colin, our photography tutor, who gave me some tips on ISO and exposure settings. He told me to try getting a big torch and backlighting the scene so the subject would stand out against the dark sky. Here are some of the best images I managed to get:

I am really happy with how some of these shots came out. I especially like the ones where you can see a bit of drainpipe or a washing line, highlighting the fact that this is very much a backyard, amateur pursuit.

No comments:

Post a Comment