Wednesday 25 April 2012

Project Ideas for Year 3

I think we have to do six self-initiated projects in the third year. From what I saw at last year's degree show it seems everyone tries to do the following:
  • a book
  • a typeface
  • a blog or website
  • some posters, inc one to advertise the typeface and one for the book
I have been thinking of ideas for a book and the one I keep coming back to is a book of quotes and portraits of all my favourite musicians, who all happen to be dead. I will call it something like "All My Heroes Are Dead", if I am feeling sensible. On another day I might call it "Moths".

Having recently visited the utterly shite Damien Hirst exhibit at Tate Modern, I might be tempted to call it "Unfinished Business in a World of Broken Promises". 

Another project I would like to undertake would be to design a new set of banknotes for the UK. I would get rid of all those boring old farts and instead celebrate the people who make this country great. People like Simon Cowell, Jordan, Jade Goody (gawd bless her), Amy Winehouse and Boy George.

Hmm... how about a set of eighties-themed banknotes, with Ian Curtis, Simon Le Bon, Dave Gahan (or more likely Martin Gore) and Adam Ant? That would be nice, especially with a garish eighties palette. The values of the notes would be higher than the current ones to reflect the rising cost of living.

But they would have to look amazing and I am not sure I have the skills. I am talking proper fancy stuff like this:


Well, it's a start...

No comments:

Post a Comment