Tuesday 15 May 2012

Publication Project - Finished Books!

After a few printing issues last week I have finally got a stack of twelve beautiful shrink-wrapped finished books!

I am still not sure whether to refer to it as a book or a magazine. I guess it's more a magazine because I have played around with different layouts, giving each feature spread a distinct identity. If it was a book I may have been more restrained.

Talking of restraint, following the (mostly positive) feedback on my mock I made a few little tweaks to the design, the biggest being a reduction in fonts used from six to three (cover aside). I stuck with 8pt MetaPro Normal for the body text, plus OCR A Std and Caliper LightCubed for headings and big quotes.

I am really happy with how it turned out in the end. It has the high-quality look and feel of some of my favourite indie mags, which was what I was aiming for.


No comments:

Post a Comment