Friday 1 February 2013

Ski App - Research

I knocked up a flat plan so that I could get a clearer idea of the actual layout of my app. I find it much easier to do this sort of thing on paper, where I can scribble bits out, move stuff around (with big curving arrows!) and generally get a feel for the project. I am not going to reproduce it digitally as that would be a waste of time (and I am very busy), so here is a photo of the first plan:



Most of the stuff on the flat plan came from a list of areas I wanted to cover in the app. Here is a photo of the actual list:



I arrived at this list after poring over loads of magazines and leaflets, which I picked up from the chalet, at lift stations and from the tourist information office. Here are some of them:



I also talked to staff at local bars, as well as chalet staff and our ski rep. Here are some shots of the notes I made in my pretentious Moleskine notebook:



So there you have it. Not the most exciting blog post but I just wanted to have all this research in one place.

No comments:

Post a Comment