Saturday 9 March 2013

Bath Uni - A visit to a science fair

Today I popped down to Green Park Station to take a look at the annual Bath Taps Into Science event. I wanted to see how these things were presented and thought it might be nice to catch up with some of the Bath Uni people.



First impressions were that it is very busy, each exhibit only has a tiny amount of space in which to work and that the use of Comic Sans was abundant! I can certainly see why Bath Uni were keen on getting us involved. The whole thing looked very Blue Peter, which, in a weird way, was part of it's charm. I introduced myself to the guys from Bath Uni - they didn't seem to be aware of the collaboration as they were first years and we are dealing with third years and above. Funnily enough it is actually these very first years that will be taking our designs to Cheltenham Science Festival!

I was slightly perturbed to see these crudely designed posters:



Why were we not aware of these? They will obviously have to be redesigned to keep them inline with our new branding. I have contacted Bath Uni to get hold of the files. One of the guys on the stand mentioned that the laminated sheets were printed on both sides and that no-one actually ever turned them over. I will bear this in mind with the redesign.

No comments:

Post a Comment