Wednesday 10 April 2013

Branding - Logo Development

While I was working on the Bath Uni science brief, I became a big fan of our customised DIN Pro font that we used on the big stencils. I particularly liked the "A" and figured it might look good if I used it as part of my AA72 branding. My current logo looks like this:



It's set in a very heavy weight of Gotham, with tweaks to the As. I think it is perhaps a bit too chunky for my liking. Here is an idea using the A from the stencil:



I am not totally convinced. I was thinking it might work with a splash of colour but at the end of the day a logo has to be able to work in black and white too. I thought I would also try a few ideas using my other 'font du jour', T-STAR PRO:



I reckon I will have to do a bit more research and come back to this later. Some of them are okay though.

No comments:

Post a Comment