Tuesday 13 September 2011

Bummer in the Summer

I've really had it now with this summer project. Only two weeks before we go back and I have NOTHING! I was going to do a short film or perhaps a book showcasing the seedier side of Bath but that is such a literal "alternative portrait".

No, I think that what I need to do is pick a subject and then gather extensive data on it. Then take that data and reinterpret it in a visual way. The end result needs to be aesthetically pleasing but somewhat abstract, so that when I explain how the strange forms relate to the data the viewer will be blown away.

Okay so I understand the concept behind a great piece, shame I am shit at actually realising it.

Could be worse I suppose. There's a "designer" in Dartmouth who has a shop selling his awful prints. He appears to have been commissioned by the local council to do some "down wid da kids" grafitti-style signage all around the lovely town, including this abomination outside a church:

No comments:

Post a Comment