Wednesday 14 September 2011

More ideas for Summer Project

If I am to do an alternative portrait of an actual person, then I have decided it will be either Serge Gainsbourg or Woody Allen. Or Peter Griffin. Okay, probably not Peter Griffin. Hey, if I type Peter Griffin a few more times, could I perhaps lure unsuspecting Family Guy fans to my blog?

Not sure I really want to do something based on a specific person, so I have a few other ideas, like:

America - keywords racism, greed, religious (funda)mentalists, space exploration, stupidity, violence (specifically gun crime/gangs).

21st Century - focus on how shit it has been so far. Where are the flying cars and the domestic robot servants? All we got was reality TV.

The Ramones - a portrait using just icons representing the shapes of their hairstyles.

Bath - I am thinking of doing a photobook of the really shitty areas in Bath. Or maybe photos of all the well-known landmarks, out-of-focus in the background, with various crap in the foreground. Or photos of all the generic shops in Bath, that could be anywhere in the UK. How about a book of just descriptions of the photos, in a suitably Georgian font?

I am still toying with the idea of a jazz-scored Godardesque film of the dark side of Bath. Perhaps I should stop thinking and start doing...

No comments:

Post a Comment