Monday 27 February 2012

Music Poster Project - Further Development

I decided to stick with the solid block of text in the middle of the page. I toyed with off-setting it slightly to cause discomfort but realised that it ended up looking like I had just designed the poster badly!

Anyway, here's the block of text set in Impact:

Then I had the idea to add extra psychosis to the text with a nod to Saul Bass:

Pretty cool but I figured it was just a bit too much, so I opted for a compromise:

Here it is in the middle of the page, with secondary information about the song/artist added to the bottom-right corner for balance:


I then tried a version in a disgusting green colour, in an effort to make the poster more unsettling:

There's something I quite like about this one, although it has a major flaw - the hideous green colour is not really very disturbing. In fact, it is quite calming... FAIL!

I do like the subtle radial gradient in the corners though, so I tried a version in white/grey:

Here's a closeup on the secondary data from the bottom-right corner:

That's much better. Now if only I could just leave well enough alone...

No comments:

Post a Comment