Monday 9 April 2012

Publication Project - Foldout Star-Maps

A lot of the publications Nigel showed us in the "Formats" tutorial had really cool foldout sections. I know a lot of tutors were keen on stuff like this in the first year too, so I really want to do something in my publication. I don't want to shoehorn it in there for the sake of it though.

My idea is to have a foldout star-map at the back. Basically, the back cover will fold out twice to make a panoramic guide to the night sky. I spoke to George at Ripe (my printer) and discovered it is not possible. My foldout would make the cover over 590mm wide (plus spine) which would not be printable on A3. They can print larger format but only single-sided.

So my idea for a foldout cover is a non-starter. Must come up with another solution as I really like the star-map idea...

No comments:

Post a Comment