Monday 8 October 2012

Then & Now - Early experiments

Keeping with my 1972 - 2012 theme, I have knocked up a couple of poster designs that I may or may not want to go with. The first design is very Swiss, as you can see:



Okay, so it's not the garish wallpaper design that I was going on about last time, but I had this other, cleaner design that I think may have legs. The idea here is to have two sets of silhouetted icons, showing design classics from 1972 (or the seventies in general) and 2012. I have done a couple already, as you can see, like the spacehopper and lava lamp. I have plenty more ideas for 1972, including a fondue set, the pocket calculator, Pong (the first videogame), Snoopy and those stupid little Troll characters. 2012 may be more of a problem. I have done the Plumen bulb, and I guess I could add an iPhone, iPad... most things seem to be small rectangles these days. Maybe that's my point.

The other design is focussed more on the shapes and colours I associate with the period:

I think this design would look lovely screenprinted at A1 or A2. It would be nice to experiment with the colours to see how the blend works on the overlaps. I will definitely print this poster at some point, even if it is not the design I end up going with for submission.

No comments:

Post a Comment