Friday 21 December 2012

Swearing Budgies of the World - Poster Idea

I knocked up this prototype A2 poster using one of the budgie illustrations I did for Artshole.

This is Beppe from Italy and he is doing a swear, in italian. I am pretty happy with the overall layout. I think that the stamp in the top-left corner could do with being an actual stamp, so I will look into getting one made up. I might add a flag of Italy, or perhaps a little outline map of the world with Italy picked out in solid black, like you might get in a book about birds. Yes, that would be a nice touch. Very graphic.

I am still to decide on the actual illustration style for the budgies - all I know is that I want it to be a consistent set of twenty. I think my next step is to experiment with my Wacom and Illustrator and see what I come up with. That's primary research right there.

No comments:

Post a Comment