Monday 4 March 2013

Lecture Poster - James Jarvis

Here's the poster I did for the James Jarvis lecture:



I took a hand-rendered approach to this one, I think because I enjoyed painting the big cock on the Neil Drabble poster. There's something nice about a mix of printed and hand-rendered. Possibly an area I could explore in the future. At the bottom it says "Go and look at him in the lecture theatre from 5pm".

I like writing stuff exactly as I see it. I think it humanises a piece of communication. Also, most people do just sit there and stare at the speaker, especially if it is someone hip who they all want to emulate and idolise. I didn't go to the lecture as his stuff isn't really my kind of thing. Turns out I made the right choice as it went on for over an hour and a half, mainly of him showing slides of his instagram photos. Exciting.

No comments:

Post a Comment