Monday 4 March 2013

Project Idea - Autism awareness leaflet

Since back in the summer I have been thinking about doing a project to raise awareness of Autism Spectrum Disorders, more specifically to help new parents spot the signs and get an early diagnosis and the necessary support. We first suspected that my son Arthur had ASD because his speech development was significantly delayed. Also, he had a tendency to line up all his toy cars:



With this in mind, I had the idea of creating a concertina leaflet that featured a simple single-line drawing of a row of cars, buses, trucks and bikes, all the way across the front and back. Dotted above and beyond the line at regular intervals would be things to look out for in your child. The final piece of information would be about the tendency to line up toys, revealing the thought behind the visual.

It's a pretty raw idea at the moment and it would not be a substantial project, so maybe it's one I will come back to if I have time after all my other work is complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment