Friday 22 March 2013

Staff Type Portraits

Back in the summer of 2012 I found a neat little Illustrator trick that allowed me to make some cool portraits out of type. I did a few rough ones and tiled them on A3 paper and stuck them up in the third-year's room at uni. A lot of people commented on them and many asked me how they were done, which naturally I didn't reveal.

After such positive feedback it made sense to do some proper ones and print them out at A1 size. I think they look pretty good and would certainly be impressive if they were all stuck around a single room.



Each of them is made up of a word that I thought was particularly relevant to them or what they do. Matt is upside down because he is Australian, although his word "type" is the right way up. I hope the tutors don't find them too offensive...

No comments:

Post a Comment